Wednesday 18 April 2007

Virginia Tech Shootings...

I'm actually not gonna write about the shootings...... I'm actually gonna be telling you how I heard about it....i mean come on let's face it...if you wanted to hear about the shooting...you'd just google it no? but for those of you who don't use goggle due to conspiracy theory issues....here's a link....

I was driving to KL from Sunway on the NPE at like approximately 3-ish this afternoon. I was listening to 988 I think..it's either that or MY FM...but I wager it's 988 as that's my default. They did one of those news headlines thingy....and then I heard them mention about the shootings...not being that fluent in mandarin translations of US state names I was hoping that I could here more about it to suss out where the heck it had happened........they only stated that there was a shooting that killed 33 people and went on to say something on hairstyles.......thinking that they're perhaps giving you a heads-up on what news they were gonna broadcast I listened in...waiting to hear more about the shooting.......but guess what? This supposed news update just went on giving you tips about how to style your hair with everyday household products.......and ended the update there. After only one line about a shooting that took 33 peoples lives. Granted the shooting happened in the States....but does that make it any less news worthy to the rest of the world? To 988's listeners? Okay...perhaps I tuned into the news at a bad time.....perhaps they were rounding up the news......but somehow when they say "for further news listen in to the Sin Chew News Report at 6pm" I don't think I missed anything..........one line on a mass shooting that took 33 lives and oh........2 minutes on hairstyle tips.....you do the ethical, logical and moralistic math..........

I'm pissed off.

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration