Wednesday 11 April 2007

It's over..........

Oh my gosh...I've spoken sssoo much mandarin for the past couple of days...I was actually thinking in chinese..and was even contemplating writing today's blog in chinese!!! But thankfully for my audience whom I believe are most chinese illiterate or just can't read chinese fonts on their computer.......my brain has reformatted itself back into banana mode...haha....

Anyways..........gosh....it's been a hectic and absolutely mad couple of weeks.........first with the first round of Star Idol auditions then that semi-impromptu trip to Singapore.....then the second round of auditions yesterday and the Result Show today.......then I was worrying about what-if I got in.....how the heck am I suppose to break the news to the baba.........when I broke the news to Tracy and Amal, despite Baks telling me not to.....they seemed okay...they too were worried about the baba...then there was the Amazing Race audition tape I was suppose to do with Baks which is due in....oh.......3 DAYS now!!!!!!! F*** that!

Thankfully tho.....I didn't get through to the Top 20 of Star Idol.....and frankly..I only have myself to blame. I'll be the first to admit...I was not well prepared......they always said talent can only get you so far.........the rest of that 90% is sheer hard work and determination. It's gritting your teeth through blood sweat and tears. Besides....they were going to lock us up for 6 months!! and I have a show in 2 weeks!!! Yea right...those last two lines sound like a case of sour grapes....

And perhaps they are......but I have to say I was really relieved when I didn't get in.......none of my new found friends did either. And speaking of new found friends...I have to say....this is the first time I've ever made friends at a contest such as this...I'm usually the quiet outsider in the corner.......Is it that I've changed? Or are these people really friendly? Or....and this is going to sound cliched and philosophical.......have we been brought together by a common goal..and in the end a common disappointment and enemy? Are we all victims of a vicious system that doesn't realize and see our talent?? Hhahaha........that sound like a whole load of bs to me...haha.....but really.....I have never met people and then became friends with them...like this overnight......okay...to be absolutely frank.....perhaps being friends......it's still too soon to tell...only time will tell if we'll really remain so....but they are indeed a really fun bunch of people and I genuinely enjoy their company........I've added some of them to my Friendster list...and trust me...that's a big deal in my book...........I mean...people get deleted from my Friendster...I take that name quite seriously.....

Right....so I didn't get in. I really have to say, their lost. Perhaps I didn't do too well for my audition.....but there was quite a lot of talent that didn't get in either...which doesn't make me feel too bad.....I don't know what their benchmark is......bit it's obviously something us 'mere mortals' are unable to comprehend........my arse! but whatev...........I still have that movie with James.....I hopefully have that play with Gavin and even Richard.....I have my mates....I have new mates......I'll hopefully have Amazing Race Asia.........and I'm definitely going Taiwan at the end of the year.....and I'm definitely getting that PCD body thanks to Wai.......so yea.......things are bad at all....... ^_~

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration