Monday 12 November 2007

Apathy - The Death of a Nation

Apathy will be the death of the nation and not the state of the govt as we know it. The lack of involvement by the people of today will ensure that the current power mongers stay in power well into our deaths.

Sure, they might not drive the country literally to it's graves but where's freedom and where is democracy? Where is the power to say what you want against anybody, in the face of their stupidity? Do we really need anymore white elephants and space flight participants?

I was at BERSIH Rally yesterday....and just for the information of the people who've seen the stuff on TV or heard rumours of a riot........it was just a walk....a march if you will....tear gas was sprayed on the crowd...but only the crowd at Masjid Jamek....and guess what?? THEY WERE PEACEFUL.....I wasn't there,I was with the group leaving from Central Market(and damnit....all I got was rain!!)......but the Al Jazeera reporter was..........

Just check out the video......especially when Hamish goes......."this was until a few mintues ago...AN ENTIRELY PEACEFUL PROTEST"....now I don't know about you...but if I got sprayed with a shitload of teargas-laced chemicals...I'd be pissed off too....but they didn't cause a riot anyway.......they just marched on..........

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration