Wednesday 20 June 2007

Of Proms, Loft and mamak stalls.....

That pretty much sums up the nearly phenomenal and near comsmic 'weekend' I had.......

To start things off was the 'prom'/grad party at Sanctuary for the ori DPA-ers.....ie Helena and my batch..haha....sorry I included my batch with Hel's....but I mean...they are the pioneers and we're the 'puinea gigs'......plus we're tight....

So..Sat evening was off to a slow start....J came over to my place to shower and we went together.....everyone was late...surprise surprise.....but when performances got onto way....surprisingly especially Khaz's act, good job mate!....things started to pick up.....and of course...the increase consumption of copious amounts of a pale alcoholic beverage also helped to add the increase of festivities....

Some of my boys decided to try the ice bar...which tho nothing more than a meatlocker with lights and alcohol.......becomes not surprisingly much more appealing....an insane idea since we're all in shirts and threadbare jackets and in mine, Tracy and Ain's case dresses but entertaining nonetheless.....


After our fill of chattering our teeth away, J and I whisked ourselves off to Loft to meet up with J's cousin who was returning to the UK the next day....I puked all that good Thai food on the way there.....see J! I told you I couldn't drink that much beer!!!....and let's just add..projectile vomit beware...haha.......ah...self-deprecation........not a pretty sight....but Zouk was fun...interestingly enough coz lil' ol me was so quiet.....his friend's thought I was pissed off or something.....I swear I wasn't........as surprising as it is...I'm actually quite shy.....so like plonk me down in a noisy environment with people I've only met once or twice and J being the social butterfly that he is......anti-social lil me ensues..............I am so sorry!! You guys are all a really nice bunch!! I swear!!


Right...so that was Saturday.......we can skip Sunday...coz it was basically a day in with me just popping out to KLPac to catch Franco Zeffirelli's Taming of the Shrew starring Liz Taylor.....so onto Monday mamak!

On Monday I bumped into Qahar...and I was also 'transferred' into the Technical dept at KLPac......and thank the goddess they keep me busy.......but anyways....bumped into Qahar who was rehearsing for Enemy of the People....and said, we really need to meet up and talk about our show......the one we were planning to do together......so since his rehearsals ended late and I'll prolly be stuck bumping-in at Pentas 2 till midnight...we decided to meet for mamak afterwards and discuss show possibilities....and discuss we did...till about 230am....at which point I needed to catch up on sleep and he needed to get home so his dad could sleep....lol...

So what we came up with was this......production slated for late Oct/early Nov...after Raya......we'll try our damnedest to revive the Shorts franchise...and we're giving ourselves a mid July deadline to come up with directors and pieces......if we don't have anything concrete by then....then it's theatre sports ensemble it is! Look out Actorlympics....there's a new improv show in town! Theatre sports should be fun.......so we'll see.....

The main problem now.....is finding directors for Short 3.....I'd really love to do Shorts 3...but well....it's pretty late in the year...and people have other stuff lined up and are pretty busy.....coz let's face it......late Oct/early Nov is literally just around the corner......our mid-July deadline is also cutting it rather fine.......so yea......I've tried asking a few people.....and most of them don't have the time....but still, fingers crossed....you never know what might happen.......

Well....till then.......that's it for my weekend wrap up.......ha! it's actually almost the end of the week when I'm writing this...tho the date won't show it......sue me if I like to plan my posts...... ; P

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration