Saturday 4 August 2007

Courage

It wouldn't be fair to my memory to go without mentioning this....

If they ever ask me.....they being the panel from Miss Chinatown or Miss International...or actually anyone really, journalists, TV hosts......If they were to ever ask me....what is the bravest thing you've ever done in your life?

I'd say, confess my feelings to the boy that I like. Okay...it actually sounds way better in chinese.....coz it's like 2 words.....告 白 ......coz well....perhaps it's just me....but I think you need to have a lot of courage to do that....

Sure...it's not as noble as saving a child from a burning building or climbing a tree to save a kitten. It may not seem as 'facing your fears' as going bungee jumping (which i have done) or eating worms (again I have also done) but hey, you're facing one of the biggest and scariest fears of all.....the fear of reject.

The fear of rejection is the one fear that somewhat tops it all. It's what stops you from wearing that loud oufit that you so absolutely love but you know eveyone will say looks lala. It's what stops you from asking questions in 'public' situations.......you fear of being rejected for being seen as stupid....It's what makes you conform and shy.........rejection comes in many forms shapes and sizes...the one everyone thinks of is rejections in love, as it's the most obvious. But conforming to peer pressure is also a result of the fear of rejection. Japan is one master example. The nail that sticks out must be hammered back into place. MUST BE HAMMERED...........now talk about your fear of rejection.........

But whatever.......so yea. Overcoming your fears......so what if I went in half knowing the answer already. At least you know where you stand.

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration