Wednesday 2 May 2007

Tell Tale Heart

Right...so I caught Gavin Yap's new show, an stage adaptation of EdgarAllen Poes' Tell Tale Heart on Sunday. Courtesy of Faridah who gave a bunch of us free tickets......

So what Do I think of the show?

It could have been better.

How?

The writing could have been improved and so could the direction.

I liked the inclusion of multimedia...it's still kind of...something new in the Malaysian theatre scene...but other than that..that's about it.

Swee Keong's physicality is awesome......very...precise.......but this piece didn't really let him shine.......I thought he quite good in Girl from Ipoh. I know he mainly a dancer, but I think he'd make a pretty good actor too.

The choice of casting U-En is a bit iffy for me. I find it a bit hard sometimes to understand him. The annunciation and accent needs working on. U-En has this really distinct way of speaking that permeates all his characters. As does his posture. It makes all his characters blend into each other in a way. A bit....if you've seen it once, you've seen it all.

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration