Wednesday 30 May 2007

Life thru a lens

The purist in me is calling for blood as I search the web for a digital SLR.....my preferred brand of choice...Nikon.....tho I choose Sony for the mundane everyday camera....for video it's Panasonic....

I come from a, though I would like to say long but in truth, rather short tradition of photographers. My garndfather's a photog, my dad a rather gung-ho enthusiast and now my mom is trying to pick up my granddad's mantle........alas though...I still don't quite think mommy dearest has quite picked up the eye for it.......

Photography is a art......it's not just point and shoot.....tho you can do that with a lomo....lomos are fun.....actually...even then...you still need an eye for lomo...........

The ever elusive 'eye'......or perhaps it's just me.......but I think you really need to have an eye for these things...it's like art...and is a art.......you can learn it....like so many other things.....okay is it just me or did that just started to sound like the Nokia N95 ad on TV?

Okay but back to the purist.....I've always been a purist when it came to getting my own SLR......I've always loved the idea of being about to process your own in prints....call it nostalgia...I remember standing in my granddad's dingy little dark room waiting while he processed prints in near total darkness........for a lil kid......that was like an adventure......I don't know...to me...there's just something about holding a print in your hand.....something that resulted from a chemical process with silver gelatin.....it's the smell of it........instead of just a print-out from a computer.......photo paper means jack shyte.....

But in this age of digital media and with the advent of Photoshop..........going digital is much more wiser no? Plus that little preview screen is so useful...I mean how shyte is it to only find out you fudged up a shot after you process it right? I rue the day James started poisoning my brain with ideas of digital SLR!!!

So........digital it is.......or can I buy both? Hehehe............


0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration