Wednesday 25 July 2007

It's been a while..

Right...I really really really should get into the habit of blogging everyday...or at least every other day....I mean what else is a blog for right? But to keep others up to date with what's going on in you life or in your head whether they want to know or not.....

So what have I been up to for the past.......oh I don't know how long.......

Let's see....I've been putting in time with Gardner and Wife, doing FOH for them as usual. I should really call Shiraz from Frogway to see if I get the job as FOH Manager with them. Plans to go to Hainan Island have fallen through because my grandparents got into an automobile accident down in JB. Perhaps I really should be rushing to go down and see them, so forgive me for lacking slight filial piety...Although plans for Hainan falling through, plans have been made to go to HK and Hanoi by cruise, though in the aftermath of the accident maybe they will fall through also....if they do.....and I really should ask my mom.....I need to ask Fai to get me something from Hanoi....one of those cheongsam like things they have..........hhmm.......

The last two weeks has been like a 'attending friend's gig' convention seeing me going from Janet and Nicole's gig, Justin's open mike session, then Justin and Tom's gig, all at the Attic to finally me rushing to see Paolo Delfino perform at the notthatbalai Art Fest at Lost Generation Space last Sunday. Tonight Paolo's performing again at No Black Tie but I don't think I can make it.

On the theatre front....watched a really wonderful and absolutely totally awesome and awe-inspiring piece of theatre, Alias Grace. For those of you who watched it, you know what I mean. It really is like the pinnacle of what one aspires to be as a performer. Then there's the production I've planned with Qahar. Have nixed the idea of staging a series or short, as it's a bit rushed for most people and some of them already have plans to stage shows of their own in Dec and next year. So we're moving on to the idea of theatre sports and sketches. I just need to get a hold of Qahar and ask him when we can start holding improv workshop.....QAHAR!!!!

In other news, Soo's let on that she getting married. Again. I don't really have much sarcasm really but just........well...even she said so herself. Let's just hope she doesn't pull another runaway bride on us. Was actually contemplating pushing back Taiwan, yet again! to help her plan and attend her wedding. But a talk with Chae belayed that. And a further talk with my career consultant, aka Baki, hopefully tonight, should clear up and confirm the matter altogether.

Oh.....and James has just finished a week long shoot at my apartment for Waiting for Love. So if you go watch the movie....THAT'S MY HOUSE!!! Shooting the movie was a...interesting experience.....and marks my first on-screen kiss I believe.......with Kien Lee........draw your own conclusions.......tho if James really wanted to make me happy, he'd give me Berg...hahah....Sorry Kien Lee....hope I didn't hurt your feeling when I said that!! My brother Kenny might also want to borrow the condo for his short film and hopefully give me a part for the film too.....so let's see how that goes......

Gosh...I'm beginning to sound like Amal.....no offence sayang! I love you!!!

On a more personal note....I'm beating myself up for missing the opportunity to talk to Gary Chaw on the phone. Baks was at the 988 A1 party and had him standing right next to him! Aigh.......I will never let myself live that one down.....But as Kenny put it....what would I have said to Gary? I mean.....really....I would have sounded like the rabid fan girl that I am....and how would I then be different from the rest of the rabid fan girl populace? So best.....to meet Gary and all the rest of my idols on common ground. As people in the same line of work. One year Gary. One year and we'll be friends! Hhaha...okay if that's not rabid fandom I don't know what is!!! Tho I really must apologise to Baks for making him look like a pseudo stalker to Gary. I will make it up to you sayang!!!

Okay...this post is getting pretty long....and I think I've just about covered everything......oh....cept this...

I'm currently in Starbucks at Ikano.....sponging off their free internet access coz Streamyx is acting up at home....oooo and my seafood's slowly defrosting in me trunk.........anyways......I'm at Starbucks...and it strikes me as.......odd...that around me...I have these old foggies...guys........using laptops with those annoying colourful flashing mouses......weird.......and here lil' ol me is using a rather old grey A4 Tech mouse........huh...go figure.....

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration