Saturday 11 October 2008

internet tv

Right....okay..so watching a wee bit too much internet tv...mainly from the US...will be leaving me with a wee bit of a Valley Girl accent.....

Right so.....I've been like online virtually the whole day checking out webisodes on the internet right...and I've stumbled onto some real jems.....see..me and my friedns back home have toyed with the idea of doing like lots of online media stuff...Malik with his post Joanne Kam revue show/SNL idea and David C with his no-holds-barred zine idea.....and well...lil'o me who gets easily inspired by watching everything and anything I get my peepers on....tho usually on more fanfic like endeavours..

But anywhos....on my quest today, I came across the whole lonelygirl15 phenom....and I find it really really intriguing...... of course, viewing it all now in like ultra retrospect and the complete knowledge that is it a 'show' more than likely detracts from it's impact. But for 'research's sake, I'm planning to follow the current lonelygirl15 series - lonelygirl15:the resistance. just to feel the effects........

Aside from that I'm totally into like imagining a phenom like that's impact on the Malaysian TV industry....I can't wait to tell Boss!!!

I mean, Malaysian media is already doing stuff like Media Prima's CatchUp TV and also Gua.com.my's online shows. With the lack(or lax) of censorship on the web in Malaysia, online would be the way to go no? I mean, imagine the stories you could tell? Already before discovering lonelygirl15. I had wanted to do a very teen and internet based TV show.....adding a internet dimension to it...would only add to the.....mythology? or coherence of the show's universe or whatever you call it......of course...right now, it's just me shooting my mouth off and not being able to do anything much about it concretely since I really envisioning doing this in KL and all my resources are there anyways......

Of course this strong desire to do something back home, kind of detracts from my vision of my future here in Taiwan.....all Laws of Attraction and stuff like that.....I mean, I can totally and almost abso-concre-lutely envisioning taking this project off the ground....I mean, it'd just be so easy....tho of course, the hardest part would be the writing...it would need to be so incredibly tight! I am an absolute believe in strong scripts not to mention good art direction......

Oh..the possibilities!!!!!!! But concentrate.....I need to concentrate on the task at hand!!! That's one of my problems.....I daydream alot......so many ideas......but I don't know how to execute them!!!


Now for those of you who don't know what lonelygirl15 is......check it:
start here : http://www.lg15.com/lonelygirl15/?p=69
on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonelygirl15
on Encyclopedia Dramatica : http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Lonelygirl15
*warning Enclyclopedia Dramatica is not work or kid friendly!!! But in my net tv show research...I think it's a gem!!! eugene......i think you'd like this site...... ; ]

0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration