Sunday 12 October 2008

5 Takes : My Way

Oh my gawd! While doing some online surfing and formulating an idea for Mission Americana and post discovery of lonelygirl15.....I stumbled upon the most...rad idea........can you just imagine a guerrilla filmmaking styled travel show, showing the v-logs of a group of friends travelling or backpacking through wherever? kinda like 5 takes.....only....REAL(okay.....I mean 5 Takes is real too, so perhaps the word I'm looking for is less budget).....as in no pro production team and just RAW!? I mean, screw TV right? If they don't want me.... ; P

Tho....I'm sure it's not the most original idea.....and I mean, who could afford to do something like this?? Where would I even begin to get the funding in KL for a project like this? The project in itself could go two ways........completely truth and factual or lonelygirl15 fiction...or perhaps a mixture of both.......

Now, wait what is Mission Americana? Well....truth be told, it's just an idea at the moment, but it's basically the sister of Mission Britannica, which is my major England and Ireland travel experience thingy.....right now it's basically all the things I wanna see and do in the UK(Britanicca) and the US(Americana) all jumbled into one and somehow trying to find a way to make it all fit. Stuff I wanna do in these places right now include and are in no way exhaustive are......
  • Haggis Tour of Scotland to overnight in a castle!
  • Shamrock Tour of Ireland to experience the Eire
  • 2-3 week course at Oideas Gael to study Gaelic and learn 'in depth' about Irish culture
  • Sacred Journeys tour of England to get in touch with me spirituality
  • Various hodge podge of activities in and around good ol' London, including of course VARIOUS Walking London Tours, West End shows
  • Trip to Blackpool , perhaps even Notthingham, Stratford-upon-Avon, and isn't there a huge terrarium somewhere with a rainforest in it? Of course...how could I have forgotten...
  • Visit to the Eden Project
  • Experience New Orleans Mardi Gras
  • 1 week Pilobolos Summer Workshop
  • 2 week Performing Artists Cultural Visitors Program at the Kennedy Center
  • 2 week seminar at Arcosanti
  • In NY itself : Nuyorican Poets Cafe, Dr. Sketychy's Anti Art Class, burlesque class, Coney Island Side Show School, not mention watch loads of Broadway
  • Vegas
  • 1-2 weeks in Orlando, Disney World ppl!
  • 1-2 weeks in California...heaven knows to do what else, but the theme parks are defo on the agenda
Bottom line of course...all of what I wanna do, is gonna cost a lot of money.....and of course, may not interest other people.....true, certain aspects of these trips are totally for self fulfillment, but I mean, there are aspects that others might like right? Partying at Mardi Gras in New Orleans, DisneyWolrd, theme parks??

The only reason that there's no Mission Europa right now, is coz I'm hopin' yo join Jeff and the boys on their Eurotrip next autumn, but if I ain't got the funds fer that when the time comes, then a definite planning for Mission Europa will definitely go underway!! Hehehe.....

Gosh, if I ever get any of these trips off the ground....it'll be such a blast.....

Any takers?

2 hit backs:

Nicholas said...

Actually.. i think it's a rad idea and it CAN work.

Imagine if you packaged it into a business proposal, do the planning, cost projections, timelines, production details. (lets face it, even if you want to make it look raw, you need production values, and therefor a competent crew and setup) and then try and sell it to someone in budget travel like AirAsia. Think about it. You could propose to travel to all air asia destinations and the theme of the show is how you could travel for CHEAP!

I don't think there's yet been a travel show made where the idea is to have the most fun out of less money, which is what the likes of AA is all about.

Anonymous said...

Arcosanti looks great on a resume and offers lifelong benefits, why not extend 2 weeks to 5 weeks or more!

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration