Thursday 10 July 2008

Yoga in a bottle....

While out shopping for mozzie repelent at the 'local' organic store in BSC, I came across something called Bach's Rescue Remedy. I've heard about Bach's a few times prior and thought it interesting that it now came in spray form! Har har!

Now frankly, I'm as clueless and you as to what's so miraculous about it or what it's even for, so I did the two things everyone, I would think, does when in doubt. Turn the box over and search the internet. Reading the back of the box, all I could glean was that Bach's Rescue Remedy would help you relieve stress and calm nerves. Upon closer inspection online, it seems that Bach's is made from minuscule amounts of flower extract, water and brandy.

According to Wikipedia though, "Controlled clinical studies of the remedies have generally found the flower remedies to be no more effective than a placebo."

And really, what would you expect? Bach's Rescue Remedy is made based on the science of homeopathy, which in itself is a dubious science anyway.

But of course, tons of people believe in it though. And frankly, I'm quite sure it works, coz really.......if the plant extracts doesn't....the brandy sure will!

I think I just might get meself a bottle.......never know when you're gonna need a spot of 'self-rescue'.

1 hit backs:

udjinn said...

for kinkybluefairy status.. you gotta update more often. and more pics. of skimpily dressed(or not at all) females. and drunk guys.

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration