Thursday 3 July 2008

YO! Sushi

I first discovered YO! Sushi when I was studying in the UK. A little shop, nestled next to a 50's diner knockofftucked into an alley, , not far from Chinatown, Leicester Square. Obviously a non-"traditional" sushi bar outfit, they served fusion and westernised sushi with of course, westernised names. Catchy but still far from authentic, and extremely pricey, by student standards....not mine tho. I only went there once or twice in my nine month stay in the British Isles.

My time in the UK has always been a period of fond memories, montaged to the soundtrack of John Mayer and just a hint of nostalgia. So imagine my delight when I discovered that YO! Sushi would be openning up outlets in KL starting with thier inaugral one in Pavilion! Now I don't have photos from my first trip to Pavilion's YO! Sushi, but I do have some from YO! Sushi Midvalley. It's located in the underpass that connects Midvalley with the Gardens. Do go check 'em out. They are albeit, a bit pricey, but thier fusion stuff is quite interesting.

I recommend, the duck salad and would stay away from the rawish beef ........not that I'm not a fan of seared beef, or was it tuna? But is was just plain weird looking.....



0 hit backs:

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration